K9 Splash Hydrotherapy Centre, NARCH Registered Canine Hydrotherapists. Important, please read before attending your appointment.
The following terms and conditions apply for all hydrotherapy at K9 Splash whether it is a fitness swim, puppy swim, weight management swim or for vet recommended medical purposes.
At the bottom of the page you can find a printable version of the terms and conditions and also the Vet permissions form. Please complete both and send to us before your first visit.
- Whilst every care is taken of your dog attending the pool; and in the maintenance of the water and equipment, all dogs receive hydrotherapy at their owner’s own risk.
- You will be provided with a Veterinary Clinical Record Release Consent Form for you to sign and a Clinical History form for your Veterinary Surgeon. This must be completed and signed by your Veterinary Surgeon before any hydrotherapy may begin.
- Session fees will be charged in full if an appointment is broken or cancelled without the minimum 36 hours’ notice. Every session must be paid for in full by cash or card on the day of treatment including those that are the subject of an insurance claim (or online if previously arranged).
- Any dog suffering from an infectious or contagious condition such as (but not limited to) ear, eye or skin infections, Gastric upsets, or Kennel Cough will not be allowed into the pool area for treatment. Please notify us and cancel all appointments with at least 36 hours’ notice. This also applies to bitches in season.
- Dogs should be up to date with their vaccinations and boosters; proof of this is requested at your dog’s 1st swim and annually thereafter. We can discuss treatment options for any dog that cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons.
- Routine flea and worm treatments are expected to have been carried out.
- Dogs brought in for treatment found to be muddy or soiled will not be allowed into the pool, however, full payment will be required for that session. Please bring your dog in as clean and well groomed as possible. There are facilities available to give your dog a quick pre-swim wash down. Remember – your dog should not have been exercised before coming for Hydrotherapy
- Your dog should be toileted before arrival. Whilst we understand that accidents can happen, we would need to close the pool for cleaning and sterilisation, impacting on following customers, therefore a surcharge of £50 will be made for dogs that defecate or vomit in the pool.
- It is recommended that you do not feed your dog for 3-4 hours before attending a session and for at least 1 hour after swimming – small treats can be given during a session to motivate your dog.
- You are expected to clean up after your dog should it toilet on the premises. Poop bags and a bin are available for this purpose.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead and under control at all times, do not remove your dogs collar and lead until asked to do so by the Hydrotherapist.
- Please do not enter the pool room until asked to do so. On arrival for your first visit, a full tour and explanation of the facilities will be provided.
- Owners may not use the pool with their dogs without prior permission – we do have toilet/shower/dressing facilities for Human visitors as well as shower and drying facilities for your dog.
- We reserve the right to photograph or video record your dog during sessions. Please do not film our Hydrotherapists without their permission, especially if you plan to upload to social media.
- Whilst visiting our pool, please wear sensible shoes and clothing as there is an increased risk of slipping around the pool area. You may be asked to travel around the outside of the pool to help encourage your dog and you may encounter some splashing.
- Please inform us if you have any mobility problems or conditions we should be aware of for your health and safety or comfort. We will help in any way we can e.g. helping your dog to and from your car.
- The pool is not a suitable environment for children to play. You will be responsible for the safety and behaviour of any children you bring whilst on the premises and they should remain seated in the swimming pool area.
- K9 Splash does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal property or vehicles whilst on or visiting our premises – we do have CCTV for your safety.
- Showering and drying facilities are provided free of charge, however, please bring your own towels as your dog will still be damp. A coat or fleece, to keep your dogs muscles warm, is advised.
- Owners are required to notify K9 Splash if any injury or condition occurs or worsens whilst undertaking a course of hydrotherapy (including attending fun / fitness swims) and are advised to seek Veterinary advice.
- Owners are also required to notify K9 Splash of any changes in medication, any surgical procedures or changes in vererinary advice affecting your dog. Please also let us know if your dog is receiving treatment elsewhere. E.g. physiotherapy, chiropractor, massage, accupuncture etc.
- If your dog has behavioural issues, or is too aggressive to be swum safely by our staff, you are welcome to bring your trainer – just let us know. If you don’t have a trainer, we can arrange this for you (fee to be paid to the trainer). Dogs cannot swim wearing closed muzzles we have a full range of basket muzzles available to buy.
- We reserve the right to refuse treatment to any dog at any time.